Sunday, June 27, 2010

Injuries, Tabatas & Beer

So...it's tweleve noon on sunday...technically I could have beer if I wanted...but I really haven't had it yet. I just put it in the title because it sounds so yummy.

I am feeling completely frustrated at the moment. My entire body is breaking down and preventing me from any quality training. Currently I am sporting and/or rehabbing a dislocated shoulder joint, stress fractures in my shins, strained external oblique, slipped disc (which isn't giving me too much problems at the moment thank God), still having grip issues from my previously broken hand, falred up left elbow tendonitis, and something funky is going on with my left knee.

I can't run, do any plyometrics, run stairs, no olympic lifting or overhead pressing and deadlifting is hit and miss. ARGH! And what I do do has to be light or done for very short periods of time. So finding training that I can do that is effective enough for me is pissing me off lol.

I have been doing tabatas at home in place of sprinting or stair running. Even 20seconds of jumping jacks cause pain in my shin and my shoulder pops out with ever swing overhead lol...I look like a complete cripple trying to train.

So here's what I did today...these were far from max intensity nor were they done at proper speed but I still feel worked and it's better than not training at all!

Tabatas = 20s work : 10s rest x 8 rounds

Series 1:

Step run, lead with right
Step run, lead with left
Jumping jacks
Burpees

Series 2:

Kettlebell swing
Med ball mountain climber
Med ball stability ball crunch
Seated Med ball twise

Series 3:

Stability ball jackknife
Kettlebell snatch, right arm
Med ball split squat jumps
Kettlebell snatch, left arm

Series 4:

Stationary lunge with Kettlebell press, right arm
Med ball burpee
Stationary lunge with kettlebell press, left arm
Med ball burpee

I always save the best for last. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go down some arnica, slater myself with traumeel and sit in a vat of ice. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment